Friday 30 June 2017

What Has High School Got To Do With Love


Hi diary, I would be giving an update today on my love life at high school. High school was another amazing place to be for me. What I mean by this is that high school was the place I met "old soldier" the only guy that made me slap him and yes I literally cried all through my Junior Secondary School. But why did I cry?
Well, truth is I was missing my parents and also the "chickens" I had left at home...lol. My school (It was a boarding school) was somewhere in the far north of my country and I had never been far away from home. I was the cry baby of my class (I was always home sick 24/7, there was nothing they could do about it). But then Mr Eze, the male hostel representative always came to my aid and always wiped my tears and running nose with the very shirt he wore. I still wonder where Mr Eze is today.God bless his soul.

Anyways, I slept all through my classes while my teachers taught me. I mean what exactly was my business with education, who had it helped...that was the shallow point of view I had way back then. My daily pattern of activities was to cry all evening/night and rest all morning/afternoon during classes...and so it was until that very day I met him..let's call him "Old Soldier". He was the boy I slapped for the first time in my existence. But why did I do that? What could he have done? Just read on and find out.

Old soldier was young and supposedly innocent, he was in Junior Secondary School just like I was but the poor guy had probably taken a liking for me. But how that happened...I still wonder. He always strived to start up conversations with me and overtime started dropping love notes in my drawer (crazy love notes). I actually cannot remember the exact words he used in those letters but the whole class knew about it already. I was however very shy and well also not interested. 

As we progressed in class, old soldier summoned the courage needed to peck me on my cheeks one sunny afternoon in class during our short break..I am very sure he was expecting to receive a warm embrace from me in response to his display of tender love and affection (TLC) but that never happened.

I was so mad at Old Soldier's daring nature..who exactly was he to desecrate my temple (of course I had always been told my body was the temple of the holy spirit and I was to keep myself pure and stainless) so it was with this holy anger that I slapped him for his actions. I would never forget the look on his face. He looked red as the class hailed me and then he ran out. That day marked the very end to every atom of emotions the guy had for me. I literally killed it and buried it. 

Truth is I do look back and I know that slapping him was gross. His actions never warranted it. I probably destroyed his ability to walk up to any lady he would ever get attracted to in the near future and I feel terrible about it till today but then I paid dearly for my actions because no one ever looked at me for relationship in that school till I left that school except for Haruna ( he was cute, dark in completion and had very big ears..smiles). 

Unfortunately for Haruna, I had become a full time book worm by then. I had no time for guys, no time for attraction and definitely no time for love.
It was all about reading my books and acing my class for a long while till I left that school and moved to another school where I met Shola.

1 comment:

Popular Posts

Feautured Post

Should Christians Really Engage In Dating?

This has always been a burdensome topic on my mind I have always wondered which is right or wrong. So please help me out here. Do you thi...