Tuesday 4 July 2017

All About My Mission University And Ethan

I got admitted into the university way way before I was legal. I was not even up to 18 years old. I was in one of the best University in my country...It was a University on a mission to build morals and virtue amongst its students. We weren't even allowed to use mobile phones. We were also not allowed to wear "Jeans"...yea you had me right.

Moral Living was of uttermost importance...you had to be in every congregational meeting (literally every one of them or face the consequences). I mean you were allowed to miss lectures...who even cares but just don't miss university organized programs.

So was it a stressful experience and was it always fun? You bet...Yes it was stressful and no it wasn't always fun but then it is an experience that kept me on track which I don't regret in the long run.

Anyways...my first year in this mission university was well challenging...you know how we all get into university with a mindset that we would give our very best to our studies and come out top in our chosen field of study until the distractions of life and growing-up set in and messed up our plans. Well, my own distraction wasn't sports neither was it drinking or partying (I couldn't even try that in such an environment). So what exactly was my distraction?
My distraction was "Ethan" ...yea you had me right. It was Ethan. Ethan was fair, well dressed, handsome and also very cool...we got along pretty well and got really chatty with each other and then with time attraction, feelings and emotion set in. It's Perfect right? I mean...wouldn't it be great meeting someone special so early...a love based on friendship and all those sweet happily ever after illusion? Yes...it is. But then I began to notice our differences.

While I wanted going for lectures, Ethan wanted staying indoors during lectures. While I wanted sitting in front during lectures and be in touch with the lecturer, Ethan was a perpetual back sitter and so much more and so I tried compromising for a while (yea...a pretty short while) until I got my senses back and made a tough choice which involved me keeping my distance from Ethan (I mean I already knew where I was going and what I wanted from life). I wasn't  going to let Ethan stop me.

So yes, I was able to succeed at distancing myself from Ethan but I was never able to get Ethan off my mind. When I woke up...I thought about Ethan. While I read in the library...I thought Ethan. While eating...it was about Ethan still and that was were the huge problem laid. I mean you can easily stay off seeing someone but how do you keep them off your mind when you have little or no control over your thoughts??

I didn't want to feel this way...but I just could not help it and so I sort for help. For the first time in my life, I knelt down cried out just to have Ethan off my mind. And guess what? I was able to get over Ethan (like finally I succeeded...lol). So well, although this true life story did not have a happy ending because while I was able to continue my studies...Ethan was not fortunate enough to do same as he was later expelled from the university for doing drugs(really sad). I am however glad I trusted my instincts and worked with my head (reality) rather than emotions.

So what can you say...was this really an affectionate love I missed and did I really make the wise choice? Do you have a similar experience and can you also guess the name of the university?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Feautured Post

Should Christians Really Engage In Dating?

This has always been a burdensome topic on my mind I have always wondered which is right or wrong. So please help me out here. Do you thi...